Resurrection Code, The (Ebook)
Authentic Media's Price: £2.99
The Resurrection Code reads like a well crafted mystery that carries the reader along with successive intrigues, hints and clues to a truly satisfying resolution that leaves the faithful both informed and inspired.
With the adroitness of a skilled sleuth, Stibbe sorts out various puzzles in the 'Easter enigma' recorded in chapter 20 of the Fourth Gospel. In one of the most charming literary compositions in all the Bible, indeed all of literature, in The Resurrection Code we learn
Mark Stibbe has a remarkable gift of teaching the Scriptures in a way that makes it real, relevant, applicable and life-changing. A gifted teacher, Mark's ministry has impacted my life in a profound way.'
- who the author is of the Fourth Gospel
- the identity and possible background of the mysterious figure (mentioned nowhere else in the New Testament) that John repeatedly refers to as 'the disciple whom Jesus loved'
- the likely timing of Jesus' resurrection from the grave and encounter with Mary (contrary to the conventional Sunday dawn scenario)
- why John's gospel (unlike the other gospels) points out details of Jesus' grave clothes left behind in the tomb and what they signify
- how the two angels posted at each end of the slab where Jesus lay may supply an interpretive key that unlocks the deeper meaning of Jesus' enigmatic encounter with Mary Magdalene
- why Jesus says to Mary, 'Do not touch me!' when later he invites the apostle Thomas to touch his hands and side.
Ruth Graham - Director of Ruth Graham Ministries and daughter of Billy Graham