Catalogue Code: 316381
Product Code: 9781850788461
Publisher: Authentic Media
Date Published: Mar 2011
Authentic Media sales rank:
Josh McDowell's examination of the true nature of Christ and his impact on our lives is a modern classic, having sold over 15 million copies. Now updated and revised with his son Sean McDowell, it has new content that addresses questions raised by today's popular atheist writers.
Written by a skeptic turned believer, More Than a Carpenter challenges readers to ask the question, 'Who is Jesus?' Author and renowned speaker Josh McDowell acknowledges that while the topic of God is widely accepted, the name of Jesus often causes irritation. 'Why don't the names of Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius offend people? The reason is that these others didn't claim to be God, but Jesus did.' By addressing questions about scientific and historical evidence, the validity of the Bible, and proofs of the resurrection, the authors help the reader come to an informed and intelligent decision about whether Jesus was a liar, a lunatic, or the Lord.
The inspirational classic is now updated for a new generation with a fresh look, revised material, and a new chapter that addresses questions commonly raised today. Josh McDowell is joined by his son Sean as they examine the evidence about Jesus. It will allow you to examine the evidence so you can make an informed decision about Jesus for yourself.
- Josh McDowell's timeless examination of the true nature of Christ and his impact on our lives is a bestselling modern day classic
- Josh McDowell was a sceptic himself until he examined the evidence, so this book meets readers where they are
- Author is a well known and respected apologist and bestselling author of many books
- Examines the evidence so readers can make their own mind up about Jesus
- Updated to include objections to Jesus raised by the new atheist writers
- In an easy to read style, this looks at questions such as is the Bible historically reliable, did Jesus really rise from the dead, and how does Jesus impact lives today
- Ideal book to give to someone who wants to find out more about Jesus
- Great resource to help you talk about Jesus with confidence to others and understand the basis for the Christian faith
- Value price point makes this perfect for outreach opportunities
- Binding - Paperback
- Pages - 192
- Publisher - Authentic Media