Authentic Media's Price: £9.99
Strokes, brain surgery, epilepsy ... where is God in the middle of our suffering?
After surviving three strokes in his forties, Austen Hardwick began to think more deeply about life and faith. As he started to recover, he realised that running created space in which he could draw closer to God.
Weaving together personal testimony and biblical teaching, Austen encourages us to run towards God rather than away from him, so that we, too, can learn to live life in all its fullness with an ever-present God who is with us in our struggles.
Genuine, real and inspirational, Ever Present explores how running can be good for both the heart and the soul.
Providing spiritual wisdom from a stroke survivor who discovered a deeper connection with God through running, this book will encourage you to take up physical exercise, live your life to the full and renew your relationship with God.
- Remarkable story of how God is with us in our deepest trials.
- Will help you see how running can be used as a time to create space for God.
- Encourages us to see that we should live life to the full.
- Celebrates the community spirit that is engendered through park runs.
- Uses real life lessons from marathon running.
- Includes teaching on running references in the Bible.
- Part memoir, part teaching on how to live a life of meaning.
- Shows the importance of running and exercise to our physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Speaks to the growing concern about mental wellbeing and frames it within a Christian context.
- Provides a personal answer to the question of where is God in suffering.
- Will encourage anyone recovering from serious illness.
- A perfect gift for any occasion to inspire friends, family or loved ones who love running.
- Binding - Paperback
- Pages - 208
- Publisher - Authentic Media